posted Jan 22, 2014, 6:48 PM by Adrienne DeWolfe
updated May 20, 2014, 7:23 PM
At some point in their elementary school career, kids will likely research and write an animal report. Generally, this is an engaging activity for most kids, however, it can be challenging to find appropriate content for K-3 readers on the iPad. Below and to the right are six FREE apps to help differentiate reading levels. Your students will love them. The embedded Symbaloo at right should have active links or you can click below to go to the source.
- From lowest to highest reading level:
- ABC Mouse Zoo set 1, set 2 and set 3 , Note Organizer from Matt Gomez
Diego Zoo (iphone version of app, NOT ipad)
Book Animals Lite World Wildlife Foundation
- Set 1: Elephants, Penguins, Pandas, Lions, and Zebras
- Set 2: Giraffes, Monkeys, Camels, Flamingos, and Impalas
- Set 3: Anteaters, Gorillas, Ostriches, Birds, and Seals
- See Matt Gomez' blog article on setting up a kinder research center with ABC Mouse Zoo with his accompanying download page.